WHAT IS MOTIVATION?
• Why do People Come to Work? What reasons and motivations do they have?
• To understand the relevant and proven theories of motivation and how they apply in the workplace
ESSENTIAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Improving verbal skill-use of appropriate language
• Vocal skill-understanding the key elements for developing the voice effectively
• Visual skill-improvement in the key areas of body language
• Appraising effectively
SETTING GOALS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE
• Rewarding exceptional performance
• How do I get the best from my staff?
MOTIVATING GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS
• Empowering staff
• How to apply good motivational techniques
MOTIVATING THROUGH CHANGE
• To understand how job satisfaction can influence motivation and what can be done to enhance it
• Changing job description or responsibilities to improve motivation
• What are the elements of job satisfaction?
• How to motivate oneself
• What can I do to encourage my staff to work better?
DEALING WITH RESISTANCE AND CONFLICT
• Types of conflict
• Conflict resolution styles
• 6 steps to handling conflict situations
PROVIDING CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK
• What can I do to improve the specification and scope of a job?
TO PRACTICE MOTIVATIONAL TECHNIQUES
TO PROVIDE AN ACTION PLAN LEARNING TOOLS
- Hertzberg motivation model
- Maslow motivation model
- 10 tips for motivating employees